Love can be easily confused with infatuation. Jamaicans and people over the world may feel that they love someone, especially a Jamaican man, but it really may be infatuation.
Finding a lover in these modern times requires matchmakers and dating websites (Deer, 2016, March 8) that cost a fortune. This is also true of real love as opposed to infatuation; it’s priceless and very hard to find.
So what are the signs of true love versus infatuation?
Love versus Infatuation – There can only be one Fandom
For one, the person who loves you tries everything to please you (Deer, 2016, November 27) just to be around you all the time. You will also know you are in love when you put their wants before your priorities. You are also 100% open and never lie or withhold information.
You can also see a future with this one individual, as you can only love one person. Sex with this person also has a deeper connection (Deer, 2016, December 11), similar to that experienced when a younger female has sex with an older more experience male; you feel a deep connection that goes beyond pleasure.
Infatuation on the other hand, usually revolves around fantasizing about an unreachable individual every minute of the day. Like love, you also want to be around that person all the time.
But it’s not because you love them but rather because you like the idea of them liking you or just being in their company. Infatuation in a way is a lot like when girls have a fandom crush on a Social Media celebrity.
We all get this feeling at the conception of a relationship or even during a friendship. We conclude that we are in love. However, we are just going through a fandom crush; we are just obsessed with something new.
Finally, infatuation often results in the person being infatuated with multiple love interests with similar qualities; when you are truly in love, you have these feeling only for one person that you are truly a fan of always.
The final word on Love vs Infatuation – Fandoms dies but love is an eternal flame
You cannot love more than one person. You wake up every morning and you choose if you should forgive someone by loving them or hating them and avoiding them as in the case of a breakup (Deer, 2016, November 21).
Love, therefore, is not a feeling; not an emotion. Love is a decision you make to commit to someone. Love makes you decide and allows you to choose.
When you are “in love” you to do things freely that you never saw yourself doing. This requires a deep intimacy between two souls that takes you beyond the universe and into another one where it is only you and your lover exist. The hearts and souls of two lovers are tied together by loyalty, trust and great sexual chemistry.
Loves causes you to be drawn to a person in such a manner that you are ready to commit altruism (Deer, 2017, January 4); sacrifice your very life for this person without hesitation.
Infatuation also dies really fast, just like a fandom or a crush on a social media celebrity; loves never dies and is an eternal flame.
- Deer, L. (2016, March 8). How Jamaicans can use Dating Websites and Apps to find a Lover. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/how-jamaican-can-use-dating-apps-to-find-a-lover/
- Deer, L. (2016, November 21). How to get over a workplace breakup with your Jamaican Lover. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/11/27/workplace-breakup-jamaican-lover/
- Deer, L. (2016, November 27). How to know if your Jamaican Lover is interested in a long term Relationship. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/11/27/jamaican-lover-relationship/
- Deer, L. (2016, December 11). Why Awesome Sex is the glue that binds young girls to older males. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/12/11/young-girls-older-males-awesome-sex/
- Deer, L. (2017, January 4). Altruism and Why Women have Sex with Men who give Blood and Love Pets. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/altruism-women-men-sex/