“Want 100 GB of free OneDrive storage for 1 year? It’s easy! Join Bing Rewards and earn credits when you search with Bing, then redeem them for 100 GB of OneDrive storage for one year. You can also enter to win our amazing giveaways or choose from popular gift cards,”
Excerpt from Microsoft’s Bing Rewards Offer of 100GB Free Microsoft OneDrive
Microsoft, I totally love you!
Then sign up to Bing Rewards program before Saturday February 28th 2015 and agree to receive promotional email from Microsoft.
Best of all, you get points for each search you make, which Microsoft can easily verify once you’re signed into your Microsoft OneDrive or Microsoft Outlook email and your cookies are activated in your Browser.
Those points go towards your Bing Rewards and you can later redeem them for cool stuff:
- More Microsoft OneDrive
- Promotional Items
- Gift cards
Then through the year, use Bing to do all your searches to keep the storage space active.
Microsoft upps their Bing Game – Uses OneDrive as Promotional Prize to boost Bing Traffic
Microsoft really loves the cloud, after having stepped up their game back in June 2014 with 15GB Free Cloud storage (Deer, 2014, June 24) to match Google Drive!
Then they upped the ante on Thursday September 11th 2014 with the ability to upload 10GB Files and folders (Deer, 2014, September 15) and share links in a manner similar to Google Drive or even Dropbox.
Realizing that they’ve got the market stoked, they’ve decided to use the popularity of their Microsoft OneDrive to boost traffic to their Bing Search engine by offering Promotion Prizes.
Best of all, it’s not even Summer yet and the extra 100 GB makes me feel like I’ve got an external Hard Drive in the Clouds!
Microsoft’s Free 100GB OneDrive Cloud – How Jamaicans and Internationals can get some Cloud
Still, a few caveats; this is for Americans only.
Also, oddly, for all that effort you only get to use the 100 GB for two (2) years, after which you’ll have to start paying US$1.99 (£1.99/month) for 100GB without having to subscribe to Office 365 down.
Still, if you’re used to working online and you have a VPN (Virtual Private Network) or Proxy (Deer, 2014, September 20) coupled with a US Mailing Address using a Courier Service (Deer, 2013), you can sign up for a Microsoft Outlook account using your US Mailing Address and take advantage of this offer.
Plus, it wouldn’t hurt to use Bing every once in awhile; just log into your Outlook and use Bing on your Desktop computer or smartphone to get two (2) years worth of 100 GB Cloud Drive from Microsoft OneDrive.
Here’s the link:
- Chacos, B. (2015, February 9). PSA: Grab an easy 100GB of free OneDrive cloud storage from Bing Rewards. Retrieved from http://www.pcworld.com/article/2881318/microsoft-offers-bing-rewards-users-100gb-of-free-onedrive-cloud-storage.html
- Deer, L. (2013, August 24). How to purchase items and subscribe to Magazines online and ship them to Jamaica. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-to-purchase-items-and-subscribe-to.html
- Deer, L. (2014, June 24). Microsoft rewards OneDrive users with 15GB Free Storage – How Office 365 users can get 1TB Free Storage as they Chase Google Drive. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/06/microsoft-rewards-onedrive-users-with.html
- Deer, L. (2014, September 15). Microsoft OneDrive finally Breaks Free – 10GB Uploading and Sharing with drag-and-drop that’s great for Streaming larger files. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/09/microsoft-onedrive-finally-breaks-free.html
- Deer, L. (2014, September 20). Surfing the Internet Anonymously using VPN – How to use Streaming Set Top Boxes over VPN. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/09/surfing-internet-anonymously-using-vpn.html
- Stobing, C. (2015, February 9). Microsoft offers 100GB of free OneDrive space, if you’re willing to Bing. Retrieved from http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/microsoft-offers-100gb-free-onedrive-space-youre-willing-bing/