It seems the next big trend in Lighting fixtures, LED (Light Emitting Diode) Bulbs (Deer, 2015 June 4), has finally become affordable enough for the Everyman!
Philips, developers of the LED Bulbs Intelligent Lighting System that use Li-Fi Communication (Deer, 2014, February 21), have recently introduced a 60W replacement LED Bulb (Crist, 2015 May 28) that only costs US$5.
Cheaper than Philips previous budget LED LightBulb, the SlimStyle LED (Crist, 2014, August 1) the 60W replacement LED Bulb has an impressive rap sheet when compared to its competitors. It’s only equivalent, efficiency wise, is the Osram Replacement LED Bulb (Crist, 2014, November 14) that cost US$10 at Lowe’s.
For US$5, you get a Bulb that puts out 800 lumens with a familiar colour temperature of 2,700 K, meaning it’ll shine no differently that your 60W Bulb incandescent heaters but without the heat. More impressively, it only pulls 8.5 W of power, barely making a dent on your utility bill.
US$5 Philips 60W Replacement LED Bulb – Cheaper, power-efficient but with a shorter, non-dimmable lifespan
Its only flaw is that it’s not dimmable, showing a slight flicker when paired with most dimmer modules in your home.
Also, the Philips 60W replacement LED Bulb has a much short lifespan when compared to other LED’s, rated at 10,000 hours, assuming you use it about 3 hours per day over a ten (10) year period. This beats incandescent to the street but falls way short of the more expensive LED replacement Bulbs on the list, rated at over 25,000 hours or 3 hours per day over a twenty (20) year period.
This 60W replacement LED Bulb will not only be a fast seller among American at Home Depot come the Fourth of July, 2015, but it’ll also attract Jamaican online shoppers (Deer, 2014, August 24), especially if they’re planning to switch to the PAYG (Pay as You Go) Prepaid Power (Deer, 2015, May 13) from JPS Co (Jamaica Public Service Company).
If dimming your Bulbs is your thing to create that romantic mood, then the Philips 60W Replacement Bulbs are not for you. But if you’re the energy-conscious homeowner looking to go environmentally friendly and not break the bank, then this will get you off to a great start.
- Deer, L. (2014, February 21). Philips Intelligent Lighting System launched at Euroshop Retail Show – Li-Fi Network for In Secret Personalized LBS Coupons and Services at the Speed of Light. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/02/phillips-intelligent-lighting-system.html
- Crist, R. (2014, August 1). Philips SlimStyle LED review: A tempting LED, thanks to the slimmed-down price point. Retrieved from http://www.cnet.com/products/philips-slimstyle-led-bulb/
- Deer, L. (2014, August 24). How to purchase items and subscribe to Magazines online and ship them to Jamaica. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-to-purchase-items-and-subscribe-to.html
- Crist, R. (2014, November 14). Osram 60W Replacement Ultra LED review: Hard to go wrong with Osram’s 60W Replacement LED. Retrieved from http://www.cnet.com/products/osram-60w-replacement-led/
- Deer, L. (2015, May 13). 800 for JPS Co’s Prepaid Power in 2 Months – How @myJPSonline PAYG spreading like Wild Fire among 2000 Guinea Pigs in the Summer of 2015. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2015/05/JPSCo-Prepaid-Power-PAYG-Popular-Summer-2015.html
- Crist, R. (2015, May 28). Philips 60W Replacement LED review. Retrieved from http://www.cnet.com/products/philips60wequivalentledBulb9290011350/
- Deer, l. (2015, June 4). 2014 Nobel Prize for Physics for Blue LED’s – Why Blue LED’s are super-efficient replacements for Fluorescent and Incandescent White Lighting. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2015/06/2014-Nobel-Prize-Physics-Blue-LED-Flourescent-Incandescent-White-Lighting.html