Not everyone in Jamaica likes to stream Music, be if from Digicel’s Rdio or LIME’s Deezer Music Service (Deer, 2015 June 30), as we can’t spend all our money on Data Plans.
That’s the disadvantage of streaming for Caribbean Nationals, as you’ll basically have to live beside your Wi-Fi Router. Data Plans just aren’t designed for streaming, which for many is restricted to listening to Local Radio Stations (Deer, 2015, February 16) or your own personal Google Play Music Locker (Deer, 2015 February 25) choc full of your already pirated (Deer, 2015, April 19) music tunes.
So if you have US$200, you can purchase FiiO X3 2nd Gen Music Player (Guttenberg, 2015), a HD Audio Music Player that’s riding the HD Audio trend kickstarted by Neil Young’s (Deer, 2014, March 18) PonoMusic Player.
There are lots of HD Audio Music Players out there, promising to be the digital revival of the Sony Walkman, bringing back analog sound that crisp and studio fresh.
But most of them aren’t cheap, with the Apple iPod Classic (Deer, 2014, September 21) possibly being the cheapest at US$250. The others, such as the US$700 Sony Walkman NWXZ-ZX1 (Deer, 2014, August 5) or the US$1,249 Cowon Plenue 1 (Deer, 2014, November 15) means you’ll have to sell your soul to the devil just to get the chance to robbed of these expensive SSD (Solid State Drive) jukeboxes.
So what exactly is HD Audio and why is it becoming such a big deal?
HD Audio Formats – The Bee’s Knees in Music for Audio buffs seeking Alpha
HD Audio is an as-yet defined audio standard that claims to capture and reproduce all twenty four (24) channels of music as recorded in the studio.
Unlike MP3 and their many cousins, HD Audio uses lossless encoding without compression, resulting in some colossal 50MB files, ten (10) times the size of the usually 5MB sized MP3 files. The Sampling rates used to record HD Audio files are typically as high as 192 KHz, far denser than the 112 KHz or lower for MP3.
Already there are some Lossless File Formats that confirm to HD Audio high standards:
- Apple Lossless Audio
The result is food to the ears, as the music files, which are Dolby Digital Stereo Surround Sound compatible, reproduce every note, every rasp of the artiste breath and every sound generated by the musicians instruments.
Truly righteous music, as this is the Bee’s Knees in Music for Audio buffs seeking Alpha.
FiiO X3 2nd Gen Music Player – HD Music Player for the Audiophiliacs on a Budget
The FiiO slides nicely into that arena, quietly making their X3 players and upgrading them to the point where they’ve reached the FiiO X3 2nd Gen Music Player.
The FiiO X3 2nd Gen Music Player weighs in at a hefty 135 gm (4.8 oz) with dimensions 96.7mm x 57.7mm x 16.1mm (3.8 x 2.3 x 0.6 inches). Costing US$200, the burnished aluminium chassis has a highly polished finish that makes the device seem to be a good value proposition. You get a Silicone case to maintain the value of its shine and good looks until you can trade up to something that’s a little more stylish.
FiiO X3 2nd Gen Music Player has a 2” (50.8 mm) 320×240 LCD screen surrounded by four (4) button jog wheel controls. It sports a 3.5 mm headphone jack for your headphones with a 3.5mm line output/coaxial digital output with Dual Crystal Oscillators.
Strangely enough, this device has no internal storage; it instead supports 128 GB microSD Cards and plays the following Lossless File Formats:
The 2,600 mAh battery can be recharged using the micro USB Charging Port that also doubles as a Data Transfer ports to the microSD Card. The battery gives you eleven (11) hours of music playing pleasure.
You can also use the FiiO X3 2nd Gen Music Player as a USB digital converter/headphone amplifier like its more expensive counterpart, the US$800 Marantz HD-DAC1 (Deer, 2014, September 24) Headphone Amplifier.
Compared to the more expensive options, this is a very basic HD Audio Device. Sound Quality really comes down to the quality of headphones and the Music files that you choose to wear, making HD Audio more of True Music Lover pilgrimage than something for the mainstream market.
But if your music matter to you, the US$200 FiiO X3 2nd Gen Music Player get you in on the latest music revolution without too much hassle.
- Deer, L. (2014, March 18) Neil Young’s Righteous PonoMusic and US$200 PonoPlayer Kickstarter – The Hills are alive with the Sound of FLAC Music despite HD Music being a new phenomenon with new packaging. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/03/neil-youngs-righteous-ponomusic-and.html
- Deer, L. (2014, August 5). US$700 Sony Walkman NWXZ-ZX1 – Trend towards HD Audio in Asia and Japan will make it sell in the US of A. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/08/us700-sony-walkman-nwxz-zx1-trend.html
- Deer, L. (2014, September 21). Apple iPod Classic is Dead as Apple iPhone 6 Rises – Why a US$250 Apple iPod HD Music Player with Streaming Option is Possible. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/12/us490-apple-ipod-classic-revival.html
- Deer, L. (2014, September 24). US$800 Marantz HD-DAC1 Headphone Amplifier – Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC makes this a Disc Jockey’s Value-buy. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/09/us800-marantz-hd-dac1-headphone.html
- Deer, L. (2014, November 15). US$1,249 Cowon Plenue 1 – The Rolls Royce of HD Audio Players defines High End Music with Sony Walkman NWXZ-ZX1 as Christmas Competition. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/11/us1249-cowon-plenue-1-rolls-royce-of-hd.html
- Deer, L. (2015, February 16). How to get Streaming Jamaican Radio Stations. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/02/16/jamaican-radio-stations/
- Deer, L. (2015 February 25). How to stream 50,000 Free Songs from your Google Play Music Locker to your smartphone. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/02/25/50000-free-music-google-play-music-android-apple/
- Deer, L. (2015, April 19). How to download Free Music using Torrenting, Google Index Searches and Youtube to MP3 converters. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/04/19/free-music-download-torrenting-google-index-youtube-to-mp3-converters/
- Guttenberg, S. (2015, May 6). FiiO’s new lowprice, highres Music Player wows the Audiophiliac. Retrieved from http://www.cnet.com/news/fiiosnewlowpricehighresmusicplayerwowstheaudiophiliac/
- Deer, L. (2015 June 30). @Digicel_Jamaica and @LIMEJamaica sign Streaming Deals – How HD Audio Streaming, 4G LTE and Caribbean Artiste means Streaming Revenue Bad Blood. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2015/07/Digicel-Rdio-LIME-Deezer-HD-Audio-Streaming.html