For those of you who’ve been following my MICO Wars: The Teacher Force Awakens Blog, you may have realized I’m now a published author (Deer, 2015, July 30) with my first book titled How to Construct Platonic, Archimedean and Stellated Polyhedra.
My first book as a self-published author (Rean, 2010) is a collaboration with author Penric Gamha, publisher of the book Loverboy (Deer, 2015, July 25) and Jamaica’s Creole Language (Deer, 2015, July 25). I chose to publish on Smashwords as they offer great distribution to all the major publishers.
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing
- Kobo Writing Life
Please note you cannot publish the same book on all of them, as that’s against the Terms of Service with most of these websites lending their services to Independent self-published authors.
They all have similar features such as guiding you on how best to present your manuscript, giving you a free ISBN (International Standard Book Number) and even designing your cover Page for you.
As you venture deeper into the world of writing, it’s good every once in awhile to try or publishing other books that you produce on different self-publishing platform.
Publishing on Multiple Platforms – Different Platform sell Different Book better
This helps to spread your name and allows you a great measure of success over time.
Also some Self-publishing website have distinct advantages in terms of their marketing as well as percentages of the sales that you keep, which is considerable higher than traditional publishers.
You might have to do an advertising campaign to get some traffic to your e-book.
Some genres’s are hot right now, such as romantic and sensuous novels and Adult Colouring books (Deer, 2015, July 18) seem to be all the rage in 2015 as adults seek to connect with Nostalgia and unplug from technology.
But once the interest is there and the word gets out to a large enough audience, such as Radio or Television (Deer, 2015, July 20), you’ll become a published author; build up your following, who’ll expect more work of a similar calibre in the future.
Still, it all comes down to writing a properly edited, readable book, be it fiction or non-fiction, setting a professional cover page (Deer, 2015, July 27), pricing it appropriately and spreading the gospel of your e-book far and wide.
Here’s the link:
- Deer, L. (2015, July 18). How Adults Colouring Books is Play Time with Visual Arts. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/07/18/how-adults-colouring-books-is-play-time-with-visual-arts/
- Deer, L. (2015, July 20). Why App Developers, Celebrities and TV Ads increase App Downloads. Retrieved from http://www.geezam.com/why-app-developers-celebrities-and-tv-ads-increase-app-downloads/
- Deer, L. (2015, July 25). US$8.50 Lover Boy by Penric Gamha is a Spiritual Journey of Love. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/07/25/penric-gamha-sadie-turner-lover-boy/
- Deer, L. (2015, July 25). US$9.50 Jamaica’s Creole Language makes speaking to Jamaican Women easy. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/07/25/jamaica-creole-language-jamaican-women-penric-gamhra/
- Deer, L. (2015, July 27). How to remove Image Backgrounds to make an e-book cover. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/how-to-remove-image-backgrounds/
- Deer, L. (2015, July 30). US$3.99 How to make Platonic, Archimedean and Stellated Solids is a Guide for the Science Hobbyist. Retrieved from
- Rean. (2010). Publishing A Book: 7 Cost-Effective Self-Publishing Services. Retrieved from http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/self-publishing-services-for-books/
- Tan, K. (2013). 20 Websites To Sell Your EBook. Retrieved from http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/self-publishing-services-for-books/