Come October 2015, Journey’s End Wine Company will be unleashing a new flavour, which Journey’s End Wine CEO Howard Coxe teased in an interview (The Jamaica Observer, 2015, July 2) with the Jamaica Observer on Thursday, July 2nd, 2015.
This time, they’re set to do a promotion at Megamart Portmore on Saturday August 26th 2015 and also at Megamart on Upper Waterloo Road on Sunday August 27th 2015 starting 11am until 7pm.
Journey’s End Wine Company selection of Wines can also be found at the following locations as listed on Journey’s End Wine Company website:
- General Food Supermarket in Liguanea
- Norman Manley International Airport in the Port of Call shop
- Things Jamaica Stores
So who exactly is Journey’s End Wine Company, exactly?
Journey’s End Wine Company – Signature Ackee Wine from Flavours From the Past
Journey’s End Flavours of the Past set of Wines will be in full force, including the Ackee Wine many have come to know and love:
- Pimento berry
Add to that list Sugar Cane Wine. Launching in October 2015 with the tagline “The Wine that Invented Rum ®”, Sugar Cane Wine was made from the Sugar Cane essence extracted from the Sugar Cane.
The Sugar Cane Wine’s main ingredient is fresh fermented Sugar Cane juice. This fresh fermented Sugar Cane Juice is used to create Sugar Cane Wine and is the secret sauce in the Sugar Cane Wine.
Starting out as a hobbyist during his twenty seven (27) years sojourn in the US of A, Journey’s End Wine CEO Howard Coxe perfected his craft. Ackee, the starting material for his first foray into the Jamaican Wine making business wasn’t such an easy material to make Wine from and few would have believed it possible.
Having developed a taste for eating raw Ackee helped him to develop Ackee Wine, which was the result of multiple efforts with the different types of the National fruit.
He eventually perfected the formula and in 2012 launched Jamaica’s National Dish as a drinkable beverage, proof of his Winemaking prowess reaching a stage of maturity.
Sugar Cane Wine in October 2015 – The Next Big Launch after Noni Wine
Since December 2014 when he’d introduced another new flavor (Deer, 2014, October 31), Noni Wine on shelves of MegaMart stores, his company has grown from strength to strength.
Now with December 2015 coming up, Journey’s End Wine Company has started early promoting their next Wine, Sugar Cane Wine.
With the hope of going mainstream with a Wine that’s based on locally fruits and berries, Journey’s End Wine Company odyssey is just set to start in a massive run promoting Sugar Cane Wine, “The Wine that Invented Rum ®”, up towards Christmas 2015.
Here’s the link:
Here’s their contact information:
Ackee Wine Twitter Account: @ackeeWine
Flavours of the Past Twitter Account: @flavoursofthe_p
Jamaica Coffee Wine Twitter Account: @Ja_CoffeeWine
- The Jamaica Observer. (2015, July 2). BRANDED Howard Coxe. Retrieved from http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazines/food/BRANDED-Howard-Coxe_19153470
- The Jamaica Observer. (2011, August 4). “Chilled Ackee Wine, Anyone?”. Retrieved from http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazines/food/Chilled-Ackee-Wine–Anyone_9365307
- Deer, L. (2014, October 31). Noni Wine from Journey’s End Wine Company by November 2014 – Panacea among the Flavours of the Past an @ackeeWine success this Christmas 2014. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/10/noni-wine-from-journeys-end-wine.html