It’s almost the end of the year and you’re thinking of cleaning out your laptop’s hard-drive (Deer, 2013, August 23) to make it run faster.
However, you may have paid scant regard to the keyboard, which is also in need of cleaning, which prevents it from getting damaged (Deer, 2013, July 1) and needing to be replaced.
One simple way to clean your keyboard, aside from using iso-propyl alcohol, which is also good for Smartphone screens (Deer, 2012, November 8) not so easy to come by, is the good ol’ cellphane tape method (Bradford, 2015, November 23) of cleaning.
This method works as follows:
- Tear off an inch of tape
- Fold so that non-sticky sides are facing together and sticky sides are facing outward
- Slip the tape underneath the edges of the keys
- Rub back and forth a few times.
- Pull the piece of tape out
- Repeat until all of your keys are clean
You’ll turn up a lot of stuff, from your pubic hair, cat hair to bits and pieces of those Doritos you ate several years ago…still chewable by the way. Even better results are yielded if you can individually remove the keys, though this requires some level of patience and expertise.
Remember, Santa is lookin’ to see if you naughty or nice. Be nice to your laptop and clean it for Christmas!
- Deer, L. (2012, November 8). How to make your own Cleaning Fluid and Cleaning Tips for your Smartphone or Tablet. Retrieved from http://geezam.com/make-your-own-cleaning-fluid-tips-smartphone-tablet/
- Deer, L. (2013, July 1). How to protect and prevent your Laptop or PC Keyboard keys from Fading. Retrieved from http://geezam.com/how-to-protect-and-prevent-your-laptop-or-pc-keyboard-keys-from-fading/comment-page-1/
- Deer, L. (2013. August 23). Tips and Tricks on how to make your computer run faster. Retrieved from http://geezam.com/tips-and-tricks-on-how-to-make-your-computer-run-faster/
- Bradford, A. (2015, November 23). Clean between your keyboard’s keys with a piece of clear tape. Retrieved from http://www.cnet.com/how-to/clean-between-your-keyboard-keys-with-a-piece-of-clear-tape/