Mortal Kombat has some hidden menus (Plante, 2016, February 24) that were recently discovered in the first four Mortal Kombat arcade games specifically:
- Mortal Kombat
- Mortal Kombat 2
- Mortal Kombat 3
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Check out the video of the hidden menus thanks to YouTube user Your MK Arcade Source.
The unlock the secret menus, you have to enter the following very long Mortal Kombat codes with very tight timing:
1P Block (×5), 2P Block (×10), 1P Block (×2), 2P Block, 1P Block (×2), 2P Block (×3), 1P Block (×4)
They have to be entered quickly and precisely and is the very reason why no has uncovered them…..until now.
Because the creator of the Mortal Kombat series is named Ed Boon, they’re referred reverently as EJB menus.
EJB menus in Mortal Kombat – How to access the Flawless Victory in precise steps
So what do the menus do?
- They can be used to:
- Launch the arcade cabinet’s diagnostic test
- Manually change initials on the leaderboard
- Show each character’s ending bit of story
In Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3’s menu you also get these super options:
- Unlock hidden characters
- A Demonstration of the game’s fatalities
- A secret Galaga-clone
Have fun with Mortal Kombat as this is truly a Flawless Victory for long time fans of the franchise!
Here’s the link:
- Plante, C. (2016, February 24). See Mortal Kombat secrets that were hidden for decades. Retrieved from http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/24/11109614/mortal-kombat-arcade-secrets-code