School is over and Summer’s here! If you’re a graduate student, looking for a job is priority one.
This is especially true now as job prospects (Deer, 2016, January 13) are not very good and starting you own business (Deer, 2015, December 25) or leaving Jamaica (Deer, 2016, April 19) seems like the only way out right now.
But there is hope for you if you didn’t do Medicine, Teaching or Engineering. You can still apply for one of the following Internship this Summer of 2016:
There are five (5) internship programs that are active right now and are really geared towards Graduate students:
- Red Stripe Internship
- NCB Internship
- Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica Internship
- 2016 GraceKennedy Jamaican Birthright Programme
- Sandals Jamaica Scholarship and Internship 2016
Please note these are paid internships for 2016 with the potential for you to become an employee. The best impression is the very first one and it may land you a permanent position. So Apply and see how far the rabbit hole takes you.
- Deer, L. (2015, December 25). Why 10000 firms registered in 2015 at Companies Office of Jamaica heralds Recession in 2016. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2015/12/10000-firms–Companies-Office-Jamaica-Recession-2016.html
- Deer, L. (2016, April 19). How Respect Jamaica and UNICEF Survey suggest Mass Exodus of High School Leavers in 2016. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2016/04/Respect-Jamaica-UNICEF-Survey-high-school-braindrain-jamaica.html
- Deer, L. (2016, January 13). UOPD UWI Graduate Trace Study reveals Bad choices, Entrepreneurship and brain-drain in 2016. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2016/01/UOPD-UWI-Graduate-Trace-Study.html