Asus has been building on their ZenFone (Deer, 2015, September 13) line launched since the IFA Trade Show in Berlin, Germany held in September 2015.
They’ve now launched a Snapdragon variant of the ZenFone 3 Deluxe (Prasad, 2016, July 12), becoming the first smartphone to use this chipset. The prices of the various configurations are as follows:
- US$776 ZenFone 3 Deluxe (Flagship)
- US $559 for the ZenFone 3 Deluxe 128GB model
- US $497 for the ZenFone 3 Deluxe 32GB model
Snapdragon 821 was announced by Qualcomm on Monday July 10th 2016 and features the same quad-core Kryo cluster.
However, the Snapdragon 821 has some serious enhancement that makes it run 10% faster than the Snapdragon 820:
- 2.4GHz performance core cluster
- 2.0 GHz power cluster
- Faster Adreno 530 GPU
Already, they’ve also begun to use the new 256GB UFS memory (Deer, 2016, July 13), ushering in a golden age for videographer and photographers (Deer, 2016, July 8) who’ve long wanted storage with faster read/write times capable of doing professional work.
So what’s so different about the ZenFone 3 Deluxe with Snapdragon 821?
ZenFone 3 Deluxe with Snapdragon 821 – Dual-SIM Fire Breathing Asus smartphone
The newer ZenFone 3 Deluxe variant with Snapdragon 821 has the following configuration:
- 6GB RAM 256GB UFS 2.0 External Memory
The older variants use Snapdragon 820 and haves the following configuration:
- 4GB RAM and 32GB microSD External Memory
- 6GB RAM and 128GB microSD External Memory
As a quick refresher, the ZenFone 3 Deluxe is Dual-SIM 5.7-inch 1080p display Smartphone that runs Android 6.0 with latest version of ZenUI. It sports a 23 megapixel rear camera which is great for photography quality work, an 8 megapixel front camera for all those great professional quality with all those pictures secured using you fingerprints thanks to the included fingerprint sensor.
All this is recharged using a USB Type-C cable and powered by a 3000mAh battery with fast charging. Truly, this Snapdragon 821 variant is a Fiery Beast!
- Deer, L. (2015, September 13). Why Asus Zenfone smartphone line unleashed for Christmas 2015 and New Year 2016. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/09/14/asus-zenfone-smartphone/
- Deer, L. (2016, July 8). How SanDisk 256GB microSD will make 4K Drone Videos and Photography Easy. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/07/09/sandisk-256gb-microsd/
- Prasad. (2016, July 12). ASUS AndroidASUS announces flagship ZenFone 3 Deluxe variant with Snapdragon 821. Retrieved from http://www.gsmarena.com/asus_announces_flagship_zenfone_3_deluxe_variant_with_snapdragon_821-news-19345.php
- Deer, L. (2016, July 13). Samsung’s UFS micoSD card Socket may appear in the Samsung Galaxy S7. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/07/13/samsungs-ufs-microsd-card-socket/