So the love of your young life dumped you for a slimmer girl on the Call Center floor? Maybe because she’s doing “special favours” for him that you may not be doing with those shiny new teeth (Deer, 2016, November 21) of hers.
Similarly, if you’re a male, this may also be very hard to deal with, especially if the girl is a hot, sexy, slim and the ideal arm candy. Most males cannot deal with a breakup and never actually get over it, slumping into depression and even resorting to killing themselves according to this DNews Video.
In fact, females are better at dealing with a breakup than males, as they are more social, willing to share their feeling with other females and generally binge on food and buy themselves stuff to get over their deceitful love that dumped them.
So how do you deal with a breakup, especially if you work in the same place (Deer, 2016, November 26) as your former love toy?
How to get over a Breakup – Delete your boonoonoos from your life and ride that pony
First, let the healing (Kes, 2016, November 25) begin. So put away the large bowl of ice cream, as that won’t help.
You need to get him out of your life, Gaza Slim style, not get fat, adding to your current problems.
So deleting your former beau from your social media pictures, phone contacts as being friends with your ex (Kes, 2016, November 2) just cannot work. Blocking calls (Deer, 2016, October 29) from your former bae will speed up the recovery process. Ditto too any gifts your sweetheart gave you. Keeping them will be like rubbing salt into a wound, making it harder to heal.
Avoiding contact with your former admirer is great. Not going to places your sweet baboo used to hand out and desist from texting, calling or Whatsapp-ing (is that a word?) as that will make the healing take a lot longer. Unless your beloved has money for you or children that you shared, you should avoid any contact at all, as you need to get over the love drug of your affection.
Spending time to re-evaluate why you broke up is good, as clearly your former suitor was not the one (Deer, 2016, November 27) that would become your future spouse. Meditation is good along with other relaxation techniques. Accentuate the positives and avoid the negatives as you’re a survivor.
Finally, after all throwing out all that stuff and walking around the apartment in yoga pants, it time to get back on that horse and jump back into the Dating (Deer, 2016, March 8) scene again.
Love is about having fun, really; the more you ride that pony, the more you’ll develop immunities against a broken heart and become stronger. So get back out there and get back into the dating scene, as the heartache is only temporary.
Still, if my advice that doesn’t work for you, there’s always an activity that you can get involved in to occupy your time. Helping at a charity or travelling the world are definitely the most sure-fire ways to help you get over your former lover.
- Deer, L. (2016, March 8). How Jamaican can use Dating Apps to find a Lover. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/how-jamaican-can-use-dating-apps-to-find-a-lover/
- Deer, L. (2016, October 29). How to block phone calls on your Google Android phone. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/10/29/block-phone-google-android-phone/
- Deer, L. (2016, November 21). How to whiten your Teeth using Aluminium and Baking Soda. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/11/21/natural-teeth-whitening/
- (2016, November 25). How to get over a break-up. Retrieved from http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazines/allwoman/How-to-get-over-a-break-up
- (2016, November 25). Why you shouldn’t be friends with your ex. Retrieved from http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazines/allwoman/Why-you-shouldn-t-be-friends-with-your-ex
- Deer, L. (2016, November 26). Why Office Romance and Office Sex in Jamaica is a Bad Idea. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/11/26/jamaica-office-romance-sex/
- Deer, L. (2016, November 27). How to know if your Jamaican Lover is interested in a long term Relationship. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/11/27/jamaican-lover-relationship/