Want to use Skype but not interested in setting up a Skype account?
Well as of Monday November 14th 2016, you can do so without (Vlad, 2016, November 14) signing up for one.
This appears to be more of a re-launch of Skype calling using hyperlinks (Deer, 2015, October 18) that was originally launched back on Thursday October 15th 2015.
Take gander at the YouTube video below that explains how it’s done.
It’s simple really:
- Start a conversation when you’re on the website
- Add your name.
- Get a unique conversation link
- Share it with too someone you wish to talk to on Skype
- Make the recipient click on the link
- Join you on Skype chat
If you really want to get some neat features, then sign up and get the ability to call landlines and mobile numbers and benefit from real-time transitions (Deer, 2014, June 3). Still, you get most of its features for free including:
- One to one chats
- Group messaging
- Voice and video calls
- Screen sharing
- File sharing
Group chats are limited to 300 people and voice and video calls are limited to 25 people.
Alas there is a catch; the link only last for 2 hours, making Skype the Snapchat of VoiP. Sharing is caring so share this article and your 24 hour Skype link with friends online.
Here’s the link:
- Deer, L. (2014, June 3). Microsoft Launches Skype Translator – Star Trek Universal Translator to foster Real-Time Global Village against WhatsApp. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/06/microsoft-launches-skype-translator.html
- Deer, L. (2015, October 18). How to use Skype hyperlinks for Free Local and International Video Calls. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/10/18/how-to-use-skype-hyperlinks-for-free-local-and-international-video-calls/
- Vlad. (2016, November 14). You can now use Skype even if you don’t have an account. Retrieved from http://www.gsmarena.com/you_can_now_use_skype_even_if_you_dont_have_an_account-blog-21624.php