Google Maps latest feature, Your Timeline, tracks every place you’ve been. This is not good news for a Jamaican like myself with a steady girlfriend.
Albeit visible only to you, if you have a girlfriend that likes poking around in your smartphone (Deer, 2016, December 8), this can get ugly real fast. It’s bad enough that you have to delete your Browser history to dodge (Deer, 2014, May 13) your girlfriend, but now you have to do the same thing on your smartphone?
So how do disable this really strange Google product (Elliott, 2015, July 24) that’s set to ruin you love life?
How to stop Google Tracking you – Stop, Pause and Delete Location History
First, I recommend you watch this video to get an idea of how to stop android Google location history, as it helps you to edit what information Google stores about your online visits…..you know, stuff your girlfriend who is tech savvy can dig up.
To stop Google Tracking you, do the following:
- Log into your Google account on a desktop computer
- Go to your My Account page.
- Click on Personal info & privacy
- Scroll down to the Places you go section
- If the map is full color and slider switch is blue, then you have Location History enabled.
- Click the button to pause Location History. The map and slider will turn gray, and Google will cease tracking you
On your smartphone, do the following to stop Google Tracking you:
- Go to Settings
- Select General
- Select Google from My Accounts
- Tap Location under Privacy
- Tap Google Location History under Location Services
- Tap to uncheck the box to turn off Location History
To pause Google tracking Location History, do the following:
- Scroll along the bottom banner until you see the Location History box
- Click the pause button
- Click on the gear icon located in the lower-right corner of the map to pause location history as well
To delete all or some of this data, do the following:
- Click the trashcan button in the lower-right corner of the main view of Your Timeline
- To delete a single day, use the Year, Month and Day pull-down menus to select a specific date
- Click the trashcan button that sits along the right edge of the Timeline panel
Or you can just watch this video and stop Google tracking you all over the place, as you can stop Google tracking you by logging into your Google Account and editing Account history overall:
Sharing is caring so share this article with your friend if they have a problem with being tracked by their significant other.
- Deer, L. (2014, May 13). How to save your relationship by Deleting Browser History for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Apple’s Safari. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/05/how-to-save-your-relationship-by.html
- Elliott, M. (2015, July 24). Stop Google from tracking you on Google Maps. Retrieved from https://www.cnet.com/how-to/stop-google-from-tracking-you-on-google-maps/
- Deer, L. (2016, December 8). How knowing three things can control a Jamaican Women. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/12/08/control-a-jamaican-women/