All men must Die
Excerpt from the book, a Song of Fire and Ice by George R. R. Martin
Inevitably, we all get old and eventually die. We are not immortal, albeit research is indicating that the blood of teenagers (Deer, 2016, November 26) may hold the key to immortality.
We are supposed to become more mature in terms of our behaviour, with more well defined personalities. Aside from being more confident about who we are, irrelevant of our material possessions or status in life, we are supposed to be a bit more selective about what we do with our bodies.
So if that’s true, why are some older persons still not applying this concept to the food (Honeygan, 2016, November 21) they eat?
Adults and Food – Foods to avoid Eating as you get older
It’s because as we get older, our sense of taste gets less. Hence we add more to boost taste and thus increase out intake of these harmful substances, such as salt as pointed out by Dietitian and nutritionist Jenelle Solomon, quote: “You will find that the taste buds become insensitive to some flavours, salt being one of them, and so you may try to make up for this by adding more salt. But this should not be”.
Jenelle Solomon lists a few foods that you should remove from your diet completely in order to live a healthier lifestyle:
- Foods containing hydrogenated oils or trans-fat
- Processed red meats
- Potato chips
- Fried chicken
Many older persons still eat foods laden with hidden salts and sugars (Deer, 2016, August 8), despite evidence that they may help cancers and even Alzheimer’s Disease.
Along with artificial flavourings and colours (Gandhi, 2016, November 21), sugar may be responsible for ADHD (Deer, 2016, July 26) in children, resulting in impulsive, boisterous and easily angered adults.
Trans-fats increases cholesterol levels in older people and are associated with lifestyle diseases that have a close relationship with ageing such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
Carbohydrates and other high energy Processed Foods that contain fats, sugars and proteins cause you to fall asleep. This is due to you decreasing metabolism as you age as well as lack of exercise. The lack of exercise among older people, myself included, means that your body has to convert and store Processed Foods such as Bacon as fat.
This increases the risk of cardio diseases, as the heart has to work harder to pump blood to the muscles and supply nutrients and oxygen to move your increasing body mass around. For this reason, thirty (30) minutes of moderate exercise not only makes you lose weight and decreases the risk of heart attack and stroke, but it also helps stave off and manage (Deer, 2016, November 13) Type II Diabetes.
So as you get older, being a more selective, from having a younger girlfriend (Deer, 2016, December 11) to choosing to avoid eating certain foods and increasing your level of exercise will become necessary to enjoy a more comfortable life as you enter the Twilight Years beyond 45.
- Deer, L. (2016, August 8). How to Spot Hidden Sugar and How to Avoid Eating Too Much. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/hidden-sugar/
- Deer, L. (2016, December 11). Why Awesome Sex is the glue that binds young girls to older males. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/12/11/young-girls-older-males-awesome-sex/
- Deer, L. (2016, July 26). Why French approach to ADHD points to Sugars and Food Additives. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/usa-france-adhd/
- Deer, L. (2016, November 13). How Physical Activity reduces Type 2 Diabetes risk and the need to take Insulin. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/11/13/physical-activity-type-2-diabetes/
- Gandhi, M.S. (2016, November 21). Adverse Effects of Artificial Food Dyes. Retrieved from http://www.newdelhitimes.com/adverse-effects-of-artificial-food-dyes123/
- Honeygan, P. (2016, November 21). Foods to stop eating as you age. Retrieved from http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazines/allwoman/Foods-to-stop-eating-as-you-age_80679
- Deer, L. (2016, November 26). How Alkahest discovered key to Human Immortality in Young People’s Blood Plasma. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2016/11/Alkahest-young-people-plasma-immortality.html