Payoneer is mighty convenient way to receive funds if you work online. However, the banking charges to withdraw money are very high, making mainly consider alternatives (Deer, 2015, March 14) to Payoneer. Not to mention the hassle of having to call Paypal at 1-888-221-1161 to add your Paypal Prepaid MasterCard.
- An American Address
- An American SSN (Social Security Number)
- A VPN (Virtual Private Network)
The American Address and SSN can be obtained from relatives or friends abroad and the VPN (Deer, 2014, September 20) you can purchase online, which can be used for working online as well as streaming online video (Deer, 2015, September 1) Service such as Hulu or Netflix.
Your American Address can be obtained from a local Jamaican courier service (Deer, 2014, August 24) or you can use the address of the relative or friend who lives in the US of A.
When they receive the Paypal Prepaid MasterCard, you can have them send it down to you in the mail within three (3) to four (4) working days so that you can use it out here in Jamaica to withdraw funds.
Please note when checking your Account balance online, you have to login via a VPN in order to appear as if you’re in the US of A.
If you’re not so crazy about using a VPN, there are three (3) other great alternatives to a Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard that worked the exact same way and have the same requirements:
Ordering online involves submitting the same information and the card is sent down in your mail in two (2) months time. As with Payoneer, you can use your Card to receive money for doing work online.
In my next article, I’ll show you how to get a Scotia VISA Debit Card or CIBC First Caribbean VISA Debit Card to make purchases online and how to top up you Paypal Account using your bank Account.
- Deer, L. (2013, December 23). @Payoneer, the US based Prepaid MasterCard Debit Card – How E-Commerce MSME’s, Online workers and Reggae or Dancehall Artiste can receive money via Paypal and spend it in Jamaica. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2013/12/payoneer-us-based-prepaid-mastercard.html
- Deer, L. (2014, August 24). How to purchase items and subscribe to Magazines online and ship them to Jamaica. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-to-purchase-items-and-subscribe-to.html
- Deer, L. (2014, September 20). Surfing the Internet Anonymously using VPN – How to use Streaming Set Top Boxes over VPN. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2014/09/surfing-internet-anonymously-using-vpn.html
- Deer, L. (2015, March 14). How Jamaican make money online using @Payoneer – @PayPal, @paxuminc, @ecoPayz and @okpaycom Prepaid MasterCard Alternatives. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2015/03/Jamaicans-Money-Payoneer-Paypal-Paxum-EcoPay-OkPay.html
- Deer, L. (2015, September 1). Cable Providers comply with BCJ Cable Channel Removal – How to install a VPN to Stream American Cable Channels on your Roku. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2015/09/Cable-Providers-comply-with-BCJ-Cable-Channel-Removal.html
- Payoneer, (2011, November 30). How to add funds to your Payoneer Account. Retrieved from http://payoneer-mastercard-info.blogspot.com/2013/07/popular-companies-payoneer-us-payment-service-whitelist.html
- Payoneer, (2013, July 8). Popular Companies That Use Payoneer – US Payment Service Whitelist. Retrieved from http://payoneer-mastercard-info.blogspot.com/2013/07/popular-companies-payoneer-us-payment-service-whitelist.html