GraceKennedy is planning to sell frozen patties (Bennett, 2017, April 26) to consumers in South Florida and another three US states.
So says Chief Executive Officer Don Wehby who revealed that GraceKennedy is partnering with a co-packer of Jamaican heritage to manufacture the patties.
GraceKennedy plans to sell the following flavours that they had already guinea pig tested in south-east USA in March 2016:
- Spicy beef
- Mild beef
- Curry chicken
Based on their positive feedback from the taste and design, they’ve decided to move full steam ahead to become a dominant player in the global patty market.
GraceKennedy and Patties in the USA – USA is their for the Taking
According to the company, the market is worth going after based on the following stats for the retail market for packaged frozen patty :
- US$50 million in the US of A
- 20% per or US$10 million comes from patty distribution outside of Jamaica.
GraceKennedy and their partner plan to sell patties in the following counties in Miami:
- Palm beach
- Central Florida in Orlando/Orange county
They’ll be selling their patties via the following independent chains:
- Broward Meat & Fish
- Bravo Supermarkets
- Presidente supermarkets
The three additional states are:
- Washington DC
- Deer, L. (2015, December 13). Why Mother’s Pork Patty a hit in 2016 as Pork is now Popular. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2015/12/13/why-mothers-pork-patty-a-hit-in-2016-as-pork-is-now-popular/
- Deer, L. (2016, December 5). How Rainforest Seafoods Lionfish will end up as Mother’s Lionfish Patty. Retreived from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/12/05/lionfish-fillet/
- Bennett, K. (2017, April 26). GraceKennedy aims to make a crust in US patty market. Retrieved from http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/business-observer/gracekennedy-aims-to-make-a-crust-in-us-patty-market_96838