The Nestle brand Maggi is so much a part of Jamaica that January is celebrated as Soup Month (Hill, 2016, January 25) in Jamaica!
For this recipe, you’ll need fish, not Mutton (Deer, 2016, July 25) as the food that will be seasoned!!
The ingredients are as follows:
- 1 lb red snapper, scaled and cleaned
- 1 pk Maggi Season-up Fish
- 1 sprig scallion, finely chopped
- 1tsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion cut into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1oz ginger root, crushed
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 2tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup Maggi Coconut Milk Powder, dissolved in 1 cup of water
- 1 Maggi Onion & Garlic Cube, crumbled
- 1tbsp pimento berries
- 1 med carrot, julienned
To make Nestle’s Jamaican Maggi Curried Snapper, is follow the procedure below:
- Season fish with Maggi Season-up, scallion, thyme, parsley, onion, garlic and ginger.
- Leave to marinate for 15 mins in the refrigerator.
- Mix curry powder with water to form paste.
- Heat oil in a medium pot, add curry paste and hot pepper to pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Maggi Coconut Milk Powder and stir.
- Place seasoned fish into pot and spoon sauce over fish.
- Add Maggi Onion & Garlic Cube, pimento berries and carrots.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Allow it to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sharing is caring so share this Nestle’s Jamaican Maggi Curried Snapper and make your Curry bright!!
- Hill, K. (2016, January 25). Celebrating Soup Month With Maggi. Retrieved from http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20160125/celebrating-soup-month-maggi
- Deer, L. (2016, July 25). Why CARDI’s Small Ruminants Programme needed to wean Jamaica of Mutton Imports. Retrieved from https://lindsworthdeer.wordpress.com/2016/07/25/cardis-small-ruminants-programme/