The BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) or Call Center world is booming in Jamaica.
Never has there been so much work opportunity for High School and Tertiary graduates (Deer, 2016, June 10) albeit short term!
Sutherland is taking on agents (Deer, 2016, September 29) and so is IBEX Global (Deer, 2016, September 26) as Jamaica Call Center Industry expands rapidly. This is even as AI threatens to make Human CSA’s obsolete (Deer, 2017, June 25) along with some 200,000 by 2021.
Here is a quick listing of Call Centers and where to apply:
Sutherland Global Application
25 Dominica Drive
10-16 Grenada Way
IBEX Call Center
HGS (Hinduja Global Solutions Limited)
So it would surprise you to know that as a Jamaican, you can work in Call Centers anywhere else, be it in Cayman Island, Florida or the Middle East. So how do you get a job in a Call Center in the Cayman Islands?
Jamaican and Call Centers – Work Permit needed Florida or Cayman
There is a Call center that has offices in both Cayman and in Florida; Invocorp. They have accounts that pay as much as US$65 per hour, which works to about JA$338000 for a typical 40 Hour Work Week.
Their address and contact information in the Cayman Island is a follows:
In Florida it is as follows:
Clyde Morris Blvd
FL 32114, USA
To work in the Cayman Islands or in Florida, you need to have Work Permit. You’ll need the following documents:
- 4 Passport sized photographs
- Police Record
- Medical Examination
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Passport Number and Photo
The cost to obtain a Cayman Islands is US$100 whereas to obtain a Florida Work Permit is US$400. Invocorp will provide:
- Work Permit
- US or Cayman VISA
- Airplane Fare Assistance
For further details you can call them at these numbers:
Sharing is caring so share this with as many of your friends as you can.
- Deer, L. (2016, June 10). How to find work in Jamaica at Call Centers – A Brief Listing of Call Center Job Openings in New Kingston. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2016/06/Call-Center-job-Openings-New-Kingston.html
- Deer, L. (2016, September 26). How to find work in Jamaica at Call Centers – IBEX Global paying 400 Call Center Agents JA$400 per hour. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2016/09/IBEX-Global-400-Call-Center-Agents-JA400.html
- Deer, L. (2016, September 29). How to find work in Jamaica at Call Centers – 1500 Call Center Agents needed by Sutherland Global. Retrieved from http://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2016/09/1500-Call-Center-Agents-Sutherland-Global.html
- Deer, L. (2017, June 25). Jamaica Computer Society and Ministry of S.E.T. fears AI will eliminate Call Center Jobs in 2021. Retrieved from https://mythoughtsontechnologyandjamaica.blogspot.com/2017/06/Jamaica-AI-Call-Center-jobs-2021.html